Monday, August 30, 2010

duecks' day out

We've had a rather hectic start to our time back in Canada. We felt that we just needed to get away as a family on Sunday, so that is what we did. We drove north of Winnipeg along the rather infamous Red River. It looked so peaceful yesterday that it was hard for us to believe what amazing and incredible damage this little river has caused over the years.


We stopped for lunch at a lovely spot beside the river - the Captain Kennedy House. Soup, sandwiches and scones with clotted cream.


It was at this moment on this lovely day that my family presented me with the book that they had compiled from all the wonderful messages many of you wrote to and for me for my birthday. I have to say that I was overwhelmed. :)
Thank you so much for making me a memory book that I will always treasure. I am deeply touched by what was written and by all the work my girls and my husband did to give me such a gift. Many, many thanks to you all.
I will share our "day out" with you over the next few days. It was a special time for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment