Saturday, August 21, 2010

the arrival

I thought it felt strange to see our container pull away from our house in Germany. This morning when I saw it coming around the corner and down the street it felt even stranger. It had made quite a journey and there it was!

We checked those numbers with the picture I had taken almost a month ago and sure enough they matched.

And the seal was still intact.
The trucker arrived at 8:45 with nothing to cut the seal off so we had to wait a bit until Howard's brother arrived with a steel blade for his saw.
Then suddenly it was open and it looked like it had just been packed. Everything was still in place. Amazing.

We used some scaffolding boards as ramps and that was sure slick!
This is the piano. Notice how many men are taking it off the truck. The guys rolled it down the ramp and right into the garage. Not a scratch on it!




The last piece to leave the container.
One hour from start to finish!
This was the crowd that came out. THANK YOU!!!!!

The garage is sealed up tight until the door arrives. What a day! We are thankful.

5 comments:

  1. So fun to see your pictures b/c they are so much like ours! Our container arrived yesterday! Check out our blog!
    It really is a strange feeling to see again and to think about how far it has come, isn't it?!!
    So glad that yours arrived safely!
    I have unpacked most of my china, Polish pottery,crystal, etc.. So far so good. One damaged schrank but not our "fault" so we will claim it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray!!! So glad it made it. . .I look forward to seeing pictures of the unpacking in the new house! :o )

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad it made it! It was fun to be able to recognize a lot of the unloading crew. I am looking forward to seeing you moved into the new house! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOnderful! When do you get to move into the new house?

    ReplyDelete