Saturday, February 20, 2010

mr. sun.....

I took this picture just to prove to myself that the sun is actually still up there in the blue yonder and sometimes, just sometimes, it shows up and delights us all. Thursday was actually the second day this week that it came out but it was still a rather big moment. This has been the coldest and grayest winter that I can remember here in Germany. And we've had so much snow and ice that salt supplies have run out in places. You may have heard that on the news. It's actually quite a serious concern because in other years we have often gotten our big snow dumps in March. Oh dear. The funniest thing about this lack of salt is that one supermarket in town has set out big supplies of the salt that one puts in the dishwashers, hoping that people will buy that to salt their sidewalks! I had to smile when I saw that, even though the sun wasn't shining that day either. :) (It did shine a bit today, but now it's snowing again and the ground is once again white! Will this ever end?).

No comments:

Post a Comment