I'm late with my post but not with my shoes! The girls awoke on Monday morning to St. Nicholas day treats by their doors. Yes I know they are really too old for this kind of thing, but hey, they're still my kids and I love these little traditions! I've been very pleased to see that Toblerone is in all the stores here in Canada so that was their taste of Europe. Of course Kinder Eggs are too but I resisted. There is a gift card in this little package for their more "mature" side but who is ever too old for CHOCOLATE?!?!? - especially a Cherry Blossom which is something they've never had before. Hope you had a lovely Sankt Nikolaus Tag! http://german.lifetips.com/faq/36211/0/what-do-people-do-on-nikolaustag/index.html
I was sad the year my mom decided I was too old for St. Nick. I was replaced by grandchildren who started receiving all the goodies. Sigh. I was well into my 20s or 30s at the time!
ReplyDelete