When we were at the Esso station buying our Christmas tree on Saturday (too much sickness in our household for a sleigh ride to cut down our own tree with the hot cocoa or peanuts bonus) some snowmobilers came zipping across the highway and up to the pumps. You've gotta love it! Since we have had so much snow so early the snowmobilers are thrilled and they are everywhere. I even saw some zipping along the highway at 8:30 one morning as I was on my way to work. Maybe they were students on their way to school! At any rate they are a tough breed who brave the cold for some speed and thrills.
And as for our Christmas tree? Well we bought the first one Howard saw (for a great price, we thought) and as we were loading it on the van the man told us that he would drop it off at our house for no extra charge. We gave him our address (and I drew him a picture just for fun!) and a few minutes later he was there in his pickup with the tree AND a giant tree bag for clean-up after Christmas. I had to shake my head again in wonder at the friendliness of this little village and their willingness to make outsiders feel welcome and a part of their community. What do I like about Canada? - hardy and friendly Canadians. They are everywhere. It's great.
No comments:
Post a Comment