Monday, December 27, 2010

christmastime is here....

There's a great area in Winnipeg called "The Forks" where two rivers - the Red and the Assiniboine - meet. Several years ago some very creative people decided to put all the old warehouses down at the river to good use. Now there are restaurants and boutiques and specialty shops and lots more. It's a wonderful place to wander through or meet up with great nephews and nieces!
One of our sisters-in-law has a sister who is a painter. We were told awhile back that she had some paintings at The Forks. We finally found them when we were there on Christmas Eve day. They are amazing!
No matter which angle I tried this one had glare on it. Too bad! The artist herself is in the middle panel carrying a basket of apples.
We love you, Josh!
Back home we enjoyed our traditional cheese fondue around the coffee table before we went off to the Christmas Eve service at our church. Christmas day was slow and quiet - at least for everyone except me! I spent most of the day getting food ready for our big Dueck meal on the 26th.
Howard's sister and brother-in-law stayed with us for four nights over Christmas. Three of their kids came yesterday morning to check out our new house.
Then it was off to meet up with the entire Dueck gang for family pics.


The siblings with their spouses.
The whole gang - 34 strong!
The grandchildren who have graduated from high school. They're a good and happy bunch of kids!
The latest addition to the clan arrived in October. She is an absolute delight and none of the great aunties could get enough time with her. She is the sweetest little thing!
The proud daddy with the pleased auntie. Grandpa is on my other side.
Howard's oldest brother was anxious to eat.....
It was a good day but today I am really tired. I had a long nap this afternoon and I feel like I could go back to bed for another one! The next few days are hopefully going to be very slow..... I am ready to rest....until I work up enough energy and courage for my next and hopefully final house project! I will keep you posted.

1 comment: