Tuesday, July 10, 2012

june

 June was a crazy month for me.
It was my busiest yet for subbing
and I even had a 2 1/2 week term in one music classroom
which took me right to the last day of school.
I was able to get in on lots of end of the year events like the
Track Meet,
the school picnic
and the final school assembly
where I directed the school choir!
I volunteered to take pictures at the school picnic and judging by the
number of my pictures that appeared in the power point
at the assembly
I did a good job!
 Our sod arrived a few days after Howard left for
new staff orientation for the mission.
It was a hot day and the guys installing it didn't put an ounce of water on it
while they were working.
A few days later I left for orientation in Minneapolis
and the girls were left with the mammoth task
of watering.
The heat continued and intensified 
and the sod took a bit of a hit,
but it's making a comeback now - even with temperatures
continuing to rise on a daily basis.
Fortunately our water comes from a well and doesn't cost us a penny.
We've been watering well and often
and I noticed tonight that many of the neighbours had their
sprinklers going as well.
Because of the heat and humidity and rain at just the right time
the crops look absolutely fabulous.
We noticed tonight on our way home from Winnipeg
that there are crops that will likely be harvested before the week is out.
Orientation was amazing.
Because I am also a mobilization coach (very part time)
I had some of my people there that I've been working with this year.
It was an exciting and overwhelming time for us all
and the energy and joy from the 88 people we are sending out this fall
was palpable.









1 comment:

  1. My sister was so thrilled to meet you at the school picnic. Who would have thought, eh? Teaching her and then teaching her kids so many years later?!

    ReplyDelete