Wednesday, January 18, 2012

it's cold

I haven't posted for awhile because I've been frozen.
The bottom dropped out of the thermometer a few days ago
and it hasn't been funny - not at all.
I took this picture a few days ago when the weather started to change.
This field is now white - completely white.
We were so spoiled and felt a little - braggy - with our amazing "winter" weather.
But we knew it wouldn't and couldn't last.
Today we had a high of -25 C with a windchill of -36 C.
Ouch.
Howard is away in a part of the world where the temperatures 
do not plummet into the abyss
like they do here.
He took his umbrella.
I've been subbing the last three days and the wonderful thing about subbing
when it's so cold
is that you know when leave for school that you won't be doing any
outside supervision.
In Hanover School Division if the windchill is below -29 the kids stay inside for recess.
They get squirrelly and bonkers
but sit them down and read them a story and suddenly all is well.
Tomorrow I'm back in the classroom again.
And chances are pretty good that if I have supervision to do
it will be inside.
Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment