My peony bush has a problem. It has 10 buds. That's it. Seeing it in this condition reminds of a Spring several years ago - our first one in this house to be exact. I went out to admire my lovely peony bush one day and was dumbfounded to see that someone, SOMEONE had come into our yard and had cut all the buds from the bush! I was livid. What nerve. Welcome to the neighbourhood!
It was several days later that I discovered what had happened. Katy and her friend had been upstairs in the shed making concoctions one day and had decided that a few (which became most) of the buds from the peony bush would provide just the right amount of bulk to whatever it was they were making! In spite of myself, I had to laugh. But I did make it very plain that they would never trim the bush in the Spring again! However, this does not solve my puzzle with my bush this year. Whatever is wrong? It does seem that the ants are slowly and steadily taking over the yard and I wonder if they are nibbling at the roots of the peony bush. Pesky, pesky bugs!
No comments:
Post a Comment