Friday, January 29, 2010
the blue mosque
We are in Turkey visiting and hopefully encouraging a friend of ours who is working here. While he was at work yesterday his roommate spent the day with us and took us to several different sites. The first one was the Blue Mosque.




Before going in we had to take off our shoes. Plastic bags were available to use. It was cold and the carpet inside didn't provide much warmth for our stockinged feet so we didn't stay long. But we did take a few pictures....









On our way out I noticed that one of the security guards was wearing slippers. I suggested to him that they should provide slippers for all the visitors because the carpet is so cold. He smiled at me and took off his slippers and let me put them on! I warmed my feet for a few seconds and then gave them back to him. He smiled again and wished us a good day. I really like these Turkish people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment