Thursday, November 26, 2009

the beginning and the end

I decided that it was getting to be time to get at the Christmas decorations so I hauled out one of the boxes today and got the stairs looking festive...


A few hours later I heard a pretty major commotion outside (a chain saw will definitely cause that!) and I realized the time had come to say good bye to our lovely tree.
The men came prepared. They had obviously planned it out and they were ready.





It was a pretty simple procedure...
...but also a bit painful...at least for me.


The men were very nice and told me that the tree would be downtown in the Blumenplatz and that we could go and see it there. I thought that was kind of them.


We definitely have a better view of the street now, but I'm not sure that we really wanted that.

3 comments:

  1. I saw the tree downtown being put up. I forgot that you'd said it was going to be the tree from you yard. Sorry for your loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did they choose "your" tree?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures make me sad! )o; You should write a storybook for kids about your tree (and how it made many people happy in downtown Kandern!)

    ReplyDelete