Wednesday, July 22, 2015

a summer surprise


Howard noticed a few weeks ago that there was a nest in one of
our trees.
Now, you can see that this tree is pretty small and
that the nest is very low to the ground.
But being that it's summer we didn't think
that this was an "active" nest but one that
had already been used in the Spring
and was now vacated.
We felt relieved, thinking about that
cat that has been around our house in the last few weeks.
 Yesterday I was out pulling weeds (this seems to be
a past time that I can't seem to shake - no matter
what country I am in!) and I was going to take
a look in that little nest.
But the weeds got the better of me.
A few minutes later Howard called me over
to have a look.
I was amazed -  and still am.
I could look at these beautiful eggs for hours on end
but then that would mean that the poor mother
wouldn't get to do what she is supposed to be doing.
So today I had a quick peek and then
went into the house to look at the pictures again.
What an amazing thing to have happening
in our own backyard
in our own little French village!
(not that THAT has anything to do with it!) 
And I'm VERY glad that I've been extremely inhospitable
to the cat that's been hanging around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment