Wednesday, January 28, 2015

winter fun day and a conversation

Last Friday we had the perfect day for our annual
Winter Fun Day
at school.
The kids had a blast. 
They were hot and sweaty and happy.
I spent the day at the "roasting fire"
handing out roasting sticks and marshmallows.
I was especially hot and sweaty, and not terribly happy
with the way I was smelling!
My jacket has been in the garage getting some
air
since then.

Last week I had an interesting conversation
with one of my grade one students:
Cooper: Mrs. Dueck, are you a boy or a girl?
Me: Well, what do you think?
Cooper: I don't know
Me: Well, is your mom a boy or a girl?
Cooper: I don't know
Me: What about your dad. Is he a boy or a girl?
Cooper: A boy
Me: But you don't know what your mom is?
Cooper: No
Me: Well, I'm a girl.
He looked at me, and without missing a beat said:
"Well, how come you have boy hair then?"
With that he zipped back to his spot on the risers
and said to his neighbour, Mikayla:
"She's a girl but she has boy hair!"
At that point I wondered if his mom also has "boy hair"!

No comments:

Post a Comment