Tuesday, August 19, 2014

it never hurts to ask

A few months ago I bought myself a new Wilton angel food cake pan.
I was actually quite nervous about using it because
when I baked a cake in my teflon pan in Germany
the cake would come out beautifully
but once inverted, it would fall right out of the pan.
Not a good way to have a nice fluffy cake!
Anyway, it was time to bake the August birthday cake
and I thought I would inaugurate my new pan.
After about 20 minutes in the oven 
I started to smell something very uncake-like.
There was batter dripping out of the bottom of the pan
 and baking onto the oven.
Great.
I finished baking the cake, took it out, inverted it
and.....
it didn't fall out.
It was absolutely perfect.
And it was probably the best poppyseed chiffon cake I have ever baked.
And that's saying a lot!
Oh ya.
Anyway, I started thinking about that leaky pan...
I thought I would write to Wilton and see what they would say.
So, I did and today the email came back
saying they were sorry about my leaky pan and would I please send them my
shipping address so they could replace the pan for me!
Yes, once again,
it never hurts to ask!!

No comments:

Post a Comment