Saturday, November 26, 2011

advent begins

 I'm not sure why, but the arrival of advent caught me more off guard this year than last. I was so frazzled last year at this time that I don't know how that could be possible, but it was only yesterday that I realized I needed to get my wreath ready for THIS Sunday. I was pleased, at least, that there was virtually no snow on the ground which meant that I wouldn't be plowing through it in my search for decorative items for my wreath.
 Was I surprised when I woke up this morning and looked out the window. There was at least 2" of snow on the ground and more coming down. I was not daunted by this change of scenery. Not long after lunch Howard and I jumped in the van and off we drove.
I wish you could smell this lovely wreath. The aroma of spruce has filled our home and I am READY to get on with Christmas!
 We found some great things along the roads and in the ditches and it didn't take long until the wreath was ready. The bonus: I even found candles I brought with me from Germany that will work just perfectly.
 Now that my wreath is made, I can enter into the season of Advent - a time to expectantly wait and prepare for the Nativity of Jesus at Christmas.

May your first Sunday of Advent be one of Hope.

2 comments:

  1. Here it is after 1000 PM and I just learned that tomorrow is the first Sunday of Advent. I haven't got my wreath out or anything! Yours is lovely! Mine is...from the store...

    ReplyDelete