Tuesday, February 15, 2011

a change in plans and planning change

Sunday was a hard but very good day. Howard's dad's funeral was a very meaningful celebration of a life well-lived. There were tears but there was also a lot of joy as we looked back on his life. The church was packed from top to bottom as people came to pay tribute to this dear man.
After we got home Sunday night Katy went into full gear with her cupcake decorating. She had baked the little treats the day before but this task still awaited her after a very taxing day. I helped her by making the icing and cleaning up and then I was pretty much spent.
She toiled on until after 11:00 but by then I was long asleep. I awoke the next morning at 6:00 with a splitting headache and a rolling stomach. I was so sick. I convalesced between our bed and the bathroom until I got up enough strength sometime in the afternoon to drag myself downstairs to the basement and lay in front of the TV yet still close to a bathroom! Our Valentine's date would definitely have to wait...
Howard spent the day with his mom (and far away from my ghastly germs!). They had a good time together of organizing and arranging and discussing things past and things to come. It was a good day for both of them.
This morning I was feeling somewhat better but was thankful that yesterday I had turned down a 1/2 day subbing job for today. It took me until noon to get myself into gear. I was finally able to eat something and things started to settle down. If the phone rings tomorrow morning I'll be ready to go.
As for all these cupcakes.... Katy managed to get them delivered yesterday morning without anyone seeing her. She was quite pleased about that, however, many of the recipients did figure out who the Valentine messenger was.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry that you were sick after the funeral. And, Katie, what a big job! That is dedication! They look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rod and I were honoured to be at the funeral. I came away challenged to live a life with God's transforming power at work in me. Uncle Henry was and is an inspiration towards humility and living a life poured out as a drink offering. I want to leave that kind of legacy.
    My prayers are with you all.
    Be well,
    Carla Dyck

    ReplyDelete