Thursday, January 27, 2011

ice fog, subbing and canada's oldest supercentenarian

I was scheduled to sub music at my favourite school for four days. I subbed yesterday but this morning I woke up to extreme ice fog. School is cancelled for today which has given me a day to catch up on my life a bit.
Yesterday one of the students, a little girl in grade 3, came to me to tell me that her great grandma had died. She went on to say that she had been the oldest person in Canada until she died on Sunday. I was pretty amazed but wondered about the source of this rather incredible report. She said she would have been 112 in February. Hmmm. Well, this morning I was scanning the news headlines and saw this one: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/manitoba-woman-believed-oldest-canada-dies-just-shy-20110125-093301-120.html Who am I to question the credibility of an 8-year-old?!
Tomorrow is winter fun day at "my school" and I'll be subbing at the crazy carpet run for the entire day. I'm praying for more fog! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment