Sunday, October 17, 2010

well here they are

Everyone has been asking about the house so I'm finally posting some pictures. The garage door
was installed on Thursday and what a treat it is to be able to park in the garage. The real treat is that there's actually room in there to park our van and still get out of it!
Here are a few "before and after" shots. It's hard to believe that it wasn't very long ago that it looked like this:
Living Room Let's call this our "inheritance room". We have been blessed!
Front entrance

Kitchen

Dining room featuring some lovely furniture given to us by our landlords, Philipp and Christiane and the table and chairs given to us by some fellow missionaries.
The kitchen also has some good old German furniture which came from our landlords. The small table was the table we originally used when we moved into our house in Kandern. Just a few months before we left Germany I decided to refinish it in the colour of our new kitchen cabinets. We had doubts that it would work in our Canadian kitchen, but we love it in there! It has a stool and 2 chairs that I also refinished.
I love my new kitchen and feel so spoiled.


2 comments:

  1. it looks WONDERFUL!! can't wait to come out and take a look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is all so beautiful! Enjoy every moment in your kitchen:)

    ReplyDelete