Monday, July 12, 2010

this is a huge job

I have not posted for the last few days - I just haven't had time and I am so tired. This packing thing is a massive undertaking and I have often wished that we had tons of money so we could sit and watch the professionals pack our house!

But we're getting there. This room looks much more organized today than this and much more has been accomplished. We painted Katy's room yesterday during the most intense heat of the day (it's been in the low to mid 30s for days now) and we all sweated up a storm. But that's now done and it's just one more job ticked off the list.

Even working in the basement these days has been warm although somewhat more comfortable than working upstairs. The boxes I collected during this entire year are almost used up as things get packed but we were very fortunate to have inherited several boxes from other movers who used real moving boxes. That has been a huge help.
We move out of our house on Sunday. We will stay at the mission guest rooms for two weeks and then friends of ours have offered us their house for the rest of our stay.
I am so ready to pack that truck and finish this project. It hasn't been one of our more delightful ones that is for sure!

1 comment:

  1. OKay, what a LOT of work but I have never seen you shy away from hard work! HOw does this all get to St. Pierre?

    ReplyDelete