Monday, December 7, 2009

strasbourg christmas market

On Saturday Howard and I went to the Christmas market in Strasbourg, France. This city once belonged to Germany and the German influence there is still very strong. It was a brutally cold and windy day and the market areas were packed to almost a standstill at times. But it was wonderful to wander over to the Russian market, get a bit of a break from the masses and see what the Russians have to offer at Christmas. We were not disappointed!

These little dolls are all hand painted. There was a lady sitting in one booth doing just that. The detail is absolutely amazing.
Of course this is all hand painted as well. It is so beautifully done.




Can you tell that I was quite fascinated by these works of art?!
I love the mouse (I think it's a mouse!) on the upper left of this picture!


1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic. I can imagine going home $0 broke and heavy laden. Want to be there next year, but then you won't be.

    ReplyDelete